Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Behold! Mind (Self) Control!



Yeah, I will admit it. Only because I am a guy and I know how prevalent the problem of "addictive behavior" is. The way I see it, there are two ways everyone will respond to this issue:

1) They will plead that it is in their nature, and that it is "healthy" to act on these impulses. Sexual gratification is the ultimate goal of living and finding your dream makes Oprah cry from heaven.

2) They will fight "nature" and be unwilling to accept the accidents of their formative past as a life sentence.

I fall in the second category. I intend to fight. So I enrolled in this program. Will it work? I am so far quite impressed with it, especially their take on the maddening avoidance cycle.

I intend to combine the elements of this program with the elements of my faith, availing myself of meditative prayer and the sacraments.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment